High-end luxury cars continue to enthrall enthusiastic drivers. Fortune cites figures from Edmunds.com claiming that top-shelf brands (those with a base price of $40,000 and up) represent about 11 percent of all new 2015 model year purchases. Here are some of the best luxury cars to choose from:
Vehicles With the Latest Technology
Over the past couple of decades, new entertainment and safety technology has first emerged from the luxury market. GPS, video, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and a host of safety measures like rearview cameras, automatic breaking and steering correction all came from upmarket manufacturers.
- Audi A8 L W12 is a four-door vehicle that serves as a Wi-Fi hotspot and is the first-ever automobile made entirely from aluminum, making it the first lightweight luxury vehicle.
- BMW 760 Li is another four-door that’s insanely fast, according to Autobytel. It also features night vision, handwriting recognition technology, iDrive file backup and side view cameras.
A lot of technology came out in 2013 and 2014, such as infotainment centers that integrate with smartphone apps like text-to-speech technology, voice emails and texts. While some of these options are now in downmarket brands, none come with the ride and feel of a true luxury experience. Some of the best late-model choices include:
- The 2015 Hyundai Genesis has a 17-speaker stereo system, adaptive HID (high intensity discharge) lights and an eight-speed automatic transmission.
- Lexus ES has all the traditional luxuries, plus Infotainment and Bluetooth technology.
- The Infiniti FX 37 SUV (now called QX 70) offers forward collision warning, a rear entertainment system and adaptive cruise control, which maintains a safe distance from other cars.
If you can forgo factory-installed entertainment, you can’t lose with any of the BMW 3 Series from 2011 and earlier. These cars provide comfort, versatility and strong performance.
Coupes are the classic rock stars of luxury vehicles. They represent the adventurous lifestyle of people who don’t need (or want) to take much with them. These cars are for weekend warriors or couples who want to get out of town for a few days. Gayot’s top 10 coupes range from the shockingly affordable and ultra-cool Alfa Romeo 4C (base price under $30,000) to the laid-back Bentley Continental GT V8 at $174K. In between are the latest offerings from classic German carmakers, such as:
- Audi R8 V10 Plus has a top speed of 198 mph and goes 0 to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds.
- Porsche Cayman gets praise for letting drivers connect to the road.
- BMW 228i goes 0 to 60 mph in five seconds and is a great sporty city car.
The list is rounded out by the all-American Corvette Stingray and Dodge Hellcat. The names say it all, don’t they?
Whether you’re looking for the latest and greatest technology or a vehicle that lets you get away from it all, make sure your next vehicle is luxurious and stylish. And, of course, don’t forget to show it off to all your friends.
Exclusive to TheTopTier