Any time is a good time to visit Napa Valley. This mid March in particular you can take advantage and visit Napa Valley with the five day food and wine festival called Flavor! Napa Valley. This important festival has run four years previously and supports The Culinary Institute of America’s Greystone Campus in St. Helena, California.
Flavor! Napa Valley—previously given in November—has moved to March to take advantage of Napa Valley’s “Cabernet Season,” which falls between November through April. “We found that March was a more ideal time for our partner restaurants, chefs, wineries and hotels to host Flavor! Napa Valley, as well as a better time for our visitors to fully enjoy and participate in the five day event,” states Clay Gregory, President and CEO of Visit Napa Valley.
Flavor! Napa Valley events will range from local and celebrity chef demonstrations to intimate winemaker workshops, grand tastings and exclusive wine and food experiences— to bring out the “Best Flavors” of Napa Valley.
Highlights of Flavor! Napa Valley are as follows:
- Wednesday, March 16 — First Taste, Napa Valley, presented by Downtown Napa, at the Culinary Institute of America’s new downtown campus at Copia in Napa, 6 – 9 p.m.
- Thursday, March 17 — The Celebrity Chef and Vintner Golf Tournament, which is new for 2016, and Legends of the Napa Valley Wine Dinner at Silverado Resort & Spa.
- Friday, March 18 — Appellation exploration at HALL Wines, chef demonstrations, wine classes and “29 on 29” (29 lunch specials at various restaurants on or near Highway 29).
- Saturday, March 19 — Legendary Napa Valley, The Grand Tasting at the Culinary Institute of America, 6 – 9:30 p.m.
- Sunday, March 20 — The “Meet Your Maker; The Butcher, The Baker, and The Sparkling Wine Maker” Brunch Party at The Meritage Resort & Spa, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
A complete listing of Flavor! Napa Valley events, including ticket prices and event descriptions, may be found at: http://flavornapavalley.com/
Photos by Flavor! Napa Valley